Tips on Building and Marketing a Food Delivery App
According to a research study, the food delivery market is expected to grow by over $30 billion in the US alone by 2023. Another estimate highlighted that by 2025, the revenue from these apps in the US is expected to reach $42 billion. According to experts of digital marketing agencies, this trend highlights the rampant popularity of these apps and how they became an integral part of our daily routine. If you aspire to be an entrepreneur, developing a food delivery app may take a place on your preference list. And, why it shouldn’t be for the profit it holds? This guide explores the ways by which you can build and market a food delivery app. Let’s delve deeper into this aspect:
How to build a food delivery app?
The above statistics highlight that the food delivery market is hot and happening. However, some may think that it is becoming saturated. Yes, to some extent it may seem like this but there is always a place for innovation. So, let’s have a look at the steps you need to undergo for building a food delivery app:
- Validate your idea: There is a popular saying, ‘behind every successful business, there is an idea.’ Before starting a new food delivery app, the first thing you need to do is to find the niche and ensure that your app comes with a Unique Value Proposition (USP). Whatever the value proposition of your app, make sure to test your idea through market research.
- Focus on the app development type: Nowadays, there are several techniques to build an app. You can develop a full-fledged custom app, but that may take several months or even years. In that case, you also have to spend thousands of dollars or more. If you want to bring your custom app quickly to the market, the best approach is to implement no-code or low-code development tools. In case of any doubts, you always have the option to connect with a mobile app development agency to get better results.
- Pick your features: Your users will expect certain features in your app like GPS tracking, restaurant order confirmation, the scope of paying for their food through the app, and much more. Besides these basic features, you may also come up with other features that you want to include.
- Analyze your minimum viable product: Before you explore the depths to create a fully-featured app, you should consider devising a test version of your app with a minimum viable product. If you put out the bare-bone version of your app, it can help you to collect essential feedback and information to make you understand how to create the best final product.
- Soft-launch your app: After collecting data from your MVP, you can chalk out the final product and soft launch the same to your targeted audience. Choose the country where you want to soft-launch your app.
How to market your food delivery app?
Marketing your food delivery app isn’t a big deal if you are aware of the dos and don’ts. Consider the following steps in case you think about where to begin:
- Know your target audience: The initial step to marketing your food delivery business is to define the target audience. The experts at digital marketing companies can give you the right insights in this regard. You have to perform tests that highlight insights like common trends and key demographics you can take advantage of. Competitor research is also important in this case. This way you will detect the demographics that are harder to target and the potential users who are presently not rightly catered to by your top competitors.
- Know your USP: After defining the target audience, you need to know which areas to focus on to build your USP. Your app should stand out from the others and have a concrete path to develop loyalty with the end-users over time. In the words of digital marketing agency experts, if you define the USP in a proper fashion, it will help you to develop the messaging option. You can also pick the best marketing channels for your food delivery app and convey the value to the users. On a shorter note, your USP should address these critical areas:
- The demands of your target audience
- What’s the expertise of your food delivery app?
- In which areas your competitors are lacking?
- Implement content marketing strategies: Nowadays, many businesses take advantage of content marketing and there are various reasons for it. Content marketing is a great option to build trust with consumers and develop brand awareness. In other words, it is a relatively cost-effective method of reaching, attracting, and engaging your target audience. Some of the tools used for content marketing by top-notch digital marketing companies are listed below:
- Social media: These days social media has emerged as an ingenious tool for mobile app marketing. According to research studies, more than 70% of consumers who have an excellent social media experience are more likely to recommend a brand to others. Given below are some tips on how you can leverage social media to promote your food delivery business:
- Select the right platforms
- Maximize the power of influencers
- Besides posting promotional content, also remember to post entertaining and engaging content to attract potential customers
- Speak the same language as your target audience
- Use social media platforms to promote and spread the word about your venture
- Social media advertising of your mobile app
- Blogs: It is another effective tool for promoting a mobile app. A popular statistic highlights that businesses with blogs get 55% more website visitors when compared to those that don’t. Posting informative and insightful blogs help businesses in the following ways:
- Enhancing brand awareness and reputation
- A boost in incoming traffic
- Increased audience engagement
- Video content: Though video content is costly to create, it has several advantages when developing app marketing strategies. Video content marketing goes a long way in promoting your products, entertaining, and engaging your audience. It’s the reason why digital marketing agencies use video content to achieve their goals. Generally, video content includes social videos, tutorials, stories, product videos, testimonials, and explainer videos. With these videos, you can explain why potential customers should use your service/product and how they can be benefitted from using it.
- Remember email marketing: Email marketing is still in business despite the craze behind social media marketing. Email marketing, being cost-effective, can come in handy for food delivery start-ups. Through Email marketing, you can inform customers about loyalty programs, contests, and discounts and thereby building brand loyalty.
The Takeaway Developing a food delivery app isn’t an easy affair as there are several steps involved in the process. Ranging from validating your idea to soft-launching your app, you have to be very specific about your business objectives. The same applies when you are marketing your app. You need to think of promotions in advance while building both Android and iOS apps for your food delivery business. And yes, always prioritize the target audience to pick the best ways to market your food delivery app. Success is hard to achieve but once you get it, there is no looking back.