Though the techniques of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has been updating with the technologically responsive era, there are still many companies and experts that have been still sticking to the shady past measures for taking shortcuts.
Unnecessarily stuffed unpleasant titles: When you stuff your title with the use of similar terms and phrases for over multiple times, it looks horrible and shabby.
You will also see hidden texts in the website content, at times either done intentionally or unintentionally.
There are even some websites, which aren’t even a year older, that have been using the same page content in multiple pages with just a title change in the citation.
People have also been spamming their local listings with so many fake reviews. With keyword stuffing in Google My Business listings, using the high-ranked websites, misleading, instead of their own profile.
A gist of the blunders land at:
Websites have also been crawling a lot these days. Despite the tag description to be featured in the website contents, people are using no index tag as well as robots.txt. Because of this, Google merges up the improper descriptions from various parts of the website, that doesn’t fetch a clear result of the company dealings in the Search engine results and pages. This has alternatively been fetching major threat to get the websites landed on the top page listings.
Dishonest SEO practices:
- Private Blog Networks (PBNs), paid links and spam: There so many paid websites that have violated the norms of SEO and are linked on the top pages, having no explained risks involved.
- Link networks: There are so many websites with merged up links of other clients and where the SEO Company has also merged the advertising link to client site.
- Removing links: Apart from removing the links at fault, there are some SEO companies that stretch to remove all the links built up by the clients over the past years, which fluctuates and lowers their ranking.
- Adding no index: This can be addressed a malicious act, where this mistake switches hosts before handing over a website.
- Building another website on a different domain: This indicates working over the controlled website, despite doing work on the main website, which is taken up by many SEO and big companies.
- Canonical tags: So many companies have been copying the canonical tags for getting boosted, when handing the websites over.
- Reusing content: Using over the same set of contents to thousands and ten thousands of websites, which is the worst aspect.
- Reviews: Companies have been faking reviews from their client’s Gmail to increase their reputation to the SERP.
- Rolling back a website: SEO companies load backup of a website before even doing any work on-page.
- Not setting up conversion tracking: There are companies that do not set you tracking code for the work of SEO, PPC or content, which is definitely wrong.
- 301 a penalized website: Many of the SEO companies have been redirecting the websites to authoritative websites or competitors, which is faulty practice that can never fetch results on SERP.